Tuesday, November 27, 2012

War on Women or Overreaction?

There has been a lot of talk about the war on women. You know what I think? Everyone is overreacting. What makes a war is blood, sweat and tears. No blood has been lost (unless you count loss of health care), sweat is not being shed (unless you count the amount of work being done by women for less pay)... Tears shed? What do women have to cry about? They have everything. Except trust, protection and safety. Wait... War, you say?

I'm using my pen as my M16 and finding out what it means to be the underdog in a country fighting with wolves. How are you not angry? How is the fire not burning in your soul as it is burning our freedoms to the ground?

Fuck you. Fuck you for condoning torture, for sending out the message that it is okay to rape me because I will enjoy it. For telling my sisters that they children they will be forced to carry prove that they were not legitimately raped. Prove that they lied, fake tears cried, their claims unjustified.

A part of them died that night, you know. Or you don't. At least... I hope you don't, because if you did, what does that make you?

No comments:

Post a Comment