Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Dear One Million Moms


I know that I have been ranting about everything that has been making me angry lately and not really going out and doing anything about it. I've just been super busy. However, I'm going to do it again. Because I'm pretty hulk smash about a lot of stuff going on right now.

Now, I went on to the facebook page of "One Million Mom's", which was a huge, massive mistake on my part. I know that they tend to get me all angry and stuff, and I know that there is nothing that I can do to force some semblance of sense into these womenfolk’s mouths, but I couldn't help myself. I had to give into the temptation once again. For those of you that don't know, "One Million Mom's" is a super "christian" (I put christian in quotes because I know some that aren't crazy) organization that is trying to get rid of everything not pro bible related. Think of the people that are lobbying to get things taken off of television channels because they are "too offensive" for their children to be watching. For example, there is a show that may or may not be starting some time next year about a lesbian couple raising a couple of children. They already have a petition on their site to get the show off air. You even think of the name Ellen, you're going to be bombarded with psychic flames. That kind of crazy. Now, I have some questions for One Million Mom's that they have yet to get back to me about (because they delete people that don't agree with them on their page and make it so they can't post anything else... no matter how mature and nicely put it is... cowards). I know they will not personally answer these, because I am beneath them as a godless heathen that just wants some damn equality, however I want everyone else to mull these over and tell me what  you think their answer would be. Then explain.

#1. Why are you sickened by your own body? You set out a campaign to remove all swimsuit editions of magazines from dollar general. I don't want to hear about the bible. I want you to step away from that and give me a logical answer, no religion. If you can answer without using your "handbook", I will be impressed and approach you as an equal in my counter argument.

#2. Why are you threatened by equality? Again, no bible please.

#3. Why are you so afraid to question your own religion? Is your faith that weak? Why can't others question it without you getting offended. You can probably use the bible in this answer, I won't be too picky.

#4. You tried to get a bra commercial removed from the television... Seriously? It was... MAYBE PG13 if we are going to be really strict. Boobs are great, hold them up proudly (as that bra probably did)

#5. You all can't be serious. Do you all really believe the things that spew out of your.... keyboards? Or is this organization a social experiment? Please please please tell me this is a social experiment. If not, then YOU are the reason women are still struggling to attain equality. Thank you, from all of the women in America, thank you for trying to set us back a few decades.

No comments:

Post a Comment